Internal storage Micro SD is corrupted and locked.

A

AC Question

Hi, I have a Moto G 2Gen., and 32Gb Samsung 10 Class formatted as Internal storage.
A few days ego I received an error message, and I wasn't able to access content on my SD card anymore, storage setting showed that the card is corrupted, and when I tried to reformat it on the phone it just got stuck on the 30% mark, and give me an error after that. I tried to format it on PC, both with default Windows software (Error message), and with SD formatter (card is locked message).
I also tried chkdsk, and to unlock the card through regedit (no luck as well).
At this point I don't really care much about the content on the card, but I would gladly use my sd card again, because at this moment I don't really have funds to buy another one.
Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, it sounds like the card is dead. Even if you were able to recover it, I'd be concerned about it failing again (especially since you were relying on it to be formatted as Internal Storage). SD cards are still pretty inexpensive, and I'm guessing you can find a good Cyber Monday deal if you look around enough. Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000