How to reset pin

A

AC Question

I have a galaxy s5 and it changed my lock screen to the swipe instead of the pattern it had. And when I would try to change it back it would keep going to the swipe. And now when I try to change it, it keeps asking for a pin, but I don't know what my pin is. So how do I reset my pin so I can change it back to the pattern?

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
From a web browser from a pc/laptop, go to https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager.

After you log in to your Google account, select the device you wish to locate (if you have multiple devices), it will then locate your phone (may take a minute). Once found you'll see 3 options, Ring, Erase, and Lock. Choose Lock. Then it will ask you to enter a new pin/password. Once the device manager page gives you a notification that your phone has been successfully locked with a new password, use that new pin/password to unlock your device. Just be sure to take note of the new pin/password you entered from the device manager page (or immediately change it after you log in to your phone to something you know you'll remember), cuz if you forget it, you'll have to do it all over again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084