I bought my daughter a digiland tablit. Model Dl701Q about 2 yrs ago. We used it for all our interenet needs and communication. I need to recover lost contacts and account info. It has all my passwords with all my email accounts and important downloads. Is there any way to recover that info.
    11-29-2016 01:27 PM
    I'm guessing you didn't back anything up? What's wrong with the tablet? Doesn't turn on, broken screen, dead battery? You might need to take it to a repair shop if the tablet won't even turn on.
    11-29-2016 02:38 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Were the contacts associated with your Google account? Go to contacts.google.com on your desktop browser to see if they show up there. If not, then they were presumably saved to the local Device account, which doesn't backup anywhere automatically. That's why I always strongly recommend saving to your Google account.

Did you happen to have Google Photos installed to the device, with Backup & Sync turned on? Go to photos.google.com on your desktop browser and see if the pics are there. Again, this is a great Google feature that can save you headaches in the future.

For future reference, remember that mobile devices and mobile storage (i.e., SD cards) are not foolproof, and are not guaranteed to last forever. So if you store important or valuable data on a device like that, always make sure to back it up to a computer hard drive, to the cloud, or both.
    nahoku likes this.
    11-29-2016 04:33 PM