Can't reconnect my hotmail address on email app on LG G3 (android)

A

AC Question

Background - A couple of times my email app for some reason increases in size dramatically, up to 500MB or even 1GB. The emails in my folder are only small.....usually the app says it is about 30MB. Clearing the cache doesn't clear all this excess data so I have had to clear all data which removes my two email addresses I have on my phone. This restores this 500MB or 1GB of space. However I recently did this and I have not been able to reconnect my hotmail account. My other email address reconnected immediately. I have the right password and all that.....as I can connect to my hotmail on desktop through the outlook website and even on my phone via the website. However on my phone email app I just cannot get it to reconnect. I have various error messages saying can't connect to server or server overloaded. It has been two days now. i like the convenience of this app as I receive messages for two email addresses.
Would anyone have any ideas on why I can't reconnect or current microsoft exchange issues? (noting I can access the account via regular websites).
Regards
Ian

cykodelik_75

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
In which ever email app used, go to settings > exchange server settings > exchange server and change it from "m.hotmail.com" to "m.outlook.com". should work once you make the change.

iash74

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, I have tried that. I still get an error message saying can't connect with server. I installed another email app called BlueMail which allows me to have more than 1 email account within the app. I was able to connect my Hotmail account. I noticed in the settings on that app for Hotmail it uses eas.outlook.com
I also tried that in the server field in my previous email app and it still didn't work. I have the same port number (443). On my previous email app the domain field is blank. However I have never needed to fill it in before when reconnecting my Hotmail address.
Cheers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01