Need to recover photos that disappeared

A

AC Question

Somehow, over 1,000 phots & videos disappeared in the middle of the night. They were all there when I went to sleep last Wednesday, I woke up Thanksgiving morning and all my albums were gone, except one camera photo that I took early Wednesday morning and two screen shots from late Wednesday night.
I didn't do any updates and I absolutely never would have deleted them.
I didn't have a memory card installed, nor was I backed up to cloud or Google Photos. I thought they backed up automatically to my Google account but they aren't there either. I checked ALL folders, DCIM, etc. Nothing. I called Verizon and they said it might have been a "glitch". They referred me to a company to try to recover them, and that company kept my phone 24 hours and found nothing. Last night I downloaded Dr. Fone, it analyzed to 90% and stopped. I got a message to root my phone to continue, but I got nervous and didn't go any further.
Has anyone had this happen? Anyone successfully use Dr. Fone? Is rooting phone safe?
I need these photos back.
Next option is to send it to a Data Recovery in Cali, which will cost me several hundred dollars that I cannot spare.
This is a samsung galaxy s5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay