Hello all. I bought a Samsung tab A6 the other day. It has strong wifi signal, but the Internet is always dropping. It's basically pointless to use. The time and date are correct, I've done a factory reset, changed wifi to static iPhone address, and I have cleared the system cache. I'm a bit of a technology know it all, but there's not much I can do about a problem I can't see. The router is also smoother than smooth. I have always had Samsung phones (currently have Samsung s7) and have never had problems. Only the Samsung galaxy tab 2 and this have had the same problem.
    12-03-2016 04:14 PM
    If you have a dual band router use 2 ssids and then try. Also try running in safe mode for some time and let us know how you get on
    12-03-2016 05:07 PM
    If you have a dual band router use 2 ssids and then try. Also try running in safe mode for some time and let us know how you get on
    Yeah it is a dual band and I have tried running it on the 5G on its own and still no luck. Right now i have it connected to my samsung s7 tethering wifi and it seems to work ok. I don't want a tablet that runs through my phone constantly though. I have no idea why samsung tabs are the only thing that have problems with my router. Everything else is running smoother than smooth.
    12-04-2016 11:17 AM
    Some of them have problems with TKIP (and with TKIP+AES also), so make sure you're running AES.
    anon(632115) likes this.
    12-04-2016 01:28 PM
    Some of them have problems with TKIP (and with TKIP+AES also), so make sure you're running AES.
    Just changed both 2g and 5g to AES. I'll see how it goes and report back.
    12-04-2016 05:58 PM
    Tried it. The internet is still dodgy on it. I read thst samsung use cheap WiFi components on the not so eexpensive tablets? Its a shame really... Pretty nice tablet.
    12-04-2016 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD