Is there a music folder for LG G3 Vigor?

A

AC Question

I download music and I can't get it out of my downloads folder.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where did you download the music files from, and what app are you using to download them? How are you trying to copy or move the files -- with the stock file manager app, or with a 3rd party file manager app?

All Android devices should have a directory called "Music." Do you see it? If not, you can always create one yourself using a file manager app.

steve6477

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
I downloaded MP3 files from multiple sources (online, from my Mac iTunes, etc.) - They all go to my Downloads folder. Some from websites, some from my Mac. I just select the file on my Mac and send it via email as an attachment. It downloads. It plays. But I can't move the files once there. Except to delete.

I'm a Mac guy since forever. Using Android is new for me, and not very user friendly by comparison. Not seeing the logic in how things work inside.

Is that background helpful?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Most phones come with a file manager app -- the name will vary among phones, but it's usually something like File Manager or My Files. If you don't have one, you can install a 3rd party file manager like Total Commander. You can use the file manager app to select the file in the Download directory and then Copy or Move it to the Music directory. Or have you tried this already?