What is an SD card upgrade?

A

AC Question

I have a zte z970 and was going thru my settings and when i checked the updates folder it has a link for an Sd card upgrade. My question is simple. What is the sdcard update and do i need it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! My guess is it's for system update files you can install on the phone via the SD card. So in other words, you might be able to download a firmware file from the ZTE website, copy it to an SD card, then insert the SD card into the phone and have it recognize the firmware update.

th1rt33n79

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
SD card updates

Sd card up dates that you first save to the root directory of your sad card then you mount the Sd card into your device and the files will upgrade your device’s software and OS

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
How do I install updates to my sd card then use them to upgrade my android device
Usually, you'll need to use a PC to download the update files and transfer then to your sd card. Then insert the sd card into your phone. Once in, you'll need to navigate to those files to begin the update process.
You can probably download them to an sd card using your phone's browser as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad