I factory reset my galaxy s7edge but now having problems with the sd card.

A

AC Question

When I try to transfer over apps like Netflix over to my sd card it says could not transfer or not enough storage, I tried formatting my sd card and it went fine but the data on it had not seemed to be erased. I had my sad card encrypted before the factory reset but I don't remember if I had decrypted it a while back or not I forgot to check could that be the issue, if so how do I decrypted on my device , it only gives me an encrypt option even though this is the same exact device I used to encrypt it with. Also google play music doesn't let me download music as well onto the sad card because there isn't enough storage on it but there is. I have 17gb used up on it for some reason still but around 44gb free , help

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
You can't decrypt the card because you reset your phone. Your phone generates a key when you encrypt an SD card and this is deleted when you reset the device. You can't use any other apps to write to it until you format it

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That formats it as external (a normal format). If you want the card to format as internal (new with Marshmallow), you'll have to put it into the phone and, when asked, choose internal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463