lost contacts after factory reset of my samsung GS4

A

AC Question

I did a factory reset on my Samsung GS4 SGH-I337M Bell Canada.

After the reset was completed, I discovered that all my phone contacts had disapeared.

There were some contact list but most of them only have a few contacts with phone numbers while my major contacts list wich is including all the phone number of my friends couldn't be r retraced.

I've been trying to find a 100% free application on which I could retrieve my contacts but all those I tried ended up asking for a paiement.

So, could someone help me before its too late and nothing can be recovered?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Well for one thing, that's what a factory reset does, delete everything on the phone. Including contacts.

Second, no there's no 100% free way to do what you want, and even the paid ones aren't 100% effective.

Also, if you downloaded anything or used the phone memory in any way after factory reset, your data could be pretty much irretrievable because the new data will overwrite the old data signatures, so recovery can't find them anymore.

Basically take it as a lesson to always backup up everything. One of the warning before proceeding with the factory reset was one that says everything will be deleted.