Can't access photos on Sd card

A

AC Question

I moved my photos to my SD card and until recently I could access them from the Gallery app. Now I can't see the SD card in Gallery any more but the card is still in place and I can see in the storage that they are still there.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Couple things...
Your SD card might be on the verge of failing... so it would be wise to back up all the data on your card to a computer via a card reader. Not saying this is the case, but it's always good to back up your data.

Check your SD card or the folder where your photos are for a .nomedia file. A .nomedia file will hide media from the gallery. The .nomedia file is a hidden file, so open your file browser, go to settings and have it show hidden files.

It's possible the media scanner is just not picking up the photos, so you can either restart your phone, or unmount then remount the SD card in storage. Both actions should trigger the media scanner to rescan for media on the phone.

It would also help if you state the device you have whenever you post to this site with a question. That way people won't have to guess.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet