What do I have to have on my phone and what can I get rid of?

A

AC Question

I have no storage on my LG Optimus and I can't move anything to my SD card and I can't up date anything because there is no storage. I have 2 apps....Facebook and Messenger that's it. This piece of junk can't handle anything else. What can I get rid of besides the obvious stuff without messing up my phone? Or any advice to optimize the use of this phone until I buy a new one? TIA

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's evidently a phone with very little storage to begin with. Then you added a storage hog like Facebook.

You can get rid of anything you added. (You probably can't uninstall anything that was on the phone when you got it without rooting it.)

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Re: What do I absolutely have to have on my phone and what can I ge rid of?

Well, you could every once in awhile delete data and cache from FB from from the settings, in Apps> Facebook> Storage>Delete data and cache (may vary by phone) and that'll get rid of a good bit of stuff [DISCLAIMER: you'll have to re-login and ,although unlikely, may lose important things downloaded] if you're very worried then just erase cache

Oh and forgot: if you're rooted then you can use Link2SD and gain more storage, if you don't know what root is then I suggest you avoid this just in case you mess up your phone, I don't want anyone blaming for stuff.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463