My router has two access points, personal and guest. The guest access point can not be configured and disallows the use of internet programs (like skype, etc.) is there a way I can configure my phone to repeat the wifi and bypass these restrictions?

We share our WiFi with our grandparents, but for legal reasons, have them on a guest setting (in case they accidentally download something illegal, the bill doesn't go to us) however they would like to use skype. I set up their phone as a bridge a long time ago, so that's why I'm hoping to find a solution this way. (They are elderly and not very google friendly, so I often spend time helping them sort out their tech.)
    12-10-2016 10:08 PM
    First off - ANYTHING that happens on your internet connection can be "billed" or accounted to you, even if you have a wide open guest network.

Second - What you're looking to do (and think you've done before) doesn't sound possible. If the guest network has restrictions on it those restrictions apply to ANY traffic flowing through that network. Bypassing "restrictions" placed on a network for a purpose is not something we're in the business of trying to help with.
    12-11-2016 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD