When I connect via USB the phone goes to charge, and is not detected on my pc.
    Windows (8.1) downloaded the following update :
    MediaTek Inc. - Other hardware - MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM (Android)
    Rebooted still not showing in my pc.
    12-12-2016 06:28 AM
    Connect phone, unlock it, pull down notification bar, tap charging notification, select MTP.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-12-2016 07:07 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. This phone is lollipop The only change when connected by USB is the notification light glows red, indicating charging and there is no charging notification option in notification bar Checking “Storage” on the phone I see “USB computer connection greyed out.
    (see attch)
    Now windows (8.1) has downloaded and installed an update for Media Tec
    (see attch)
    I rebooted & no change. I don't see any reference to the device in Device manager either. This I dont understand.
    The King 7 is indeed a Chinese phone, I did choose to go back to Android 5.1 as I was impressed by the spec. (4 k video recording etc). However support is lacking.
    Yes ChanChan05, my old phone had that charging notification pop up.
    I'm definitely missing something here !
    Attached Thumbnails PPTV King 7: How do I connect my phone (Android 5.1) to my pc via USB ?-pptv-king-7-storage-showing-greyed-out-usb-computer-connection.jpg   PPTV King 7: How do I connect my phone (Android 5.1) to my pc via USB ?-pptv-king-7-win-updates.png  
    12-12-2016 01:36 PM
    It probably needs the stock ROM reflashed - but you won't find one for most Chinese phones.
    12-12-2016 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD