Why won't my wifi stay on?

A

AC Question

Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3. About two to three weeks ago my phone wont keep the wifi on. I turn the wifi on and it inmediately turns back off.

I did a factory reset and it worked great for about 12 hours before the problem started back up again.

Any ideas?

Xy zT

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
Here is my solution to this with Android 5.1:

There are three components to it. The last thing or the last part in the process was that I turned the bluetooth off, waited it to be turned off, then turned the bluetooth on, waited it to be turned on, and then connected to wifi, and it worked (so this is the point when I got it on, working, great!).

But before that what I did is I set up the "Tethering & portable hotspot" WLAN hotspot and I updated the password there (generated a new one), - and I think that I also turned the WLAN hotspot on once, and then turned it off.

And hey the third component was that I changed WLAN advanced settings - turned off the "scanning always available" This is also that might have been a factor. So yea, that's that. It might be the combination of things, or silmply one of them.

All-in-all, I am thinking that this problem was caused by something either as in relation with bluetooth or something in relation with the hotspot security thing for what I generated a new code - see above. But most of all, I think it might be that there was some interference with bluetooth, and by rebooting the bluetooth connection it got solved....

(After I got it working I tried to recreate the problem and was unable to create the problem - but I'm fairly sure it will work the next time around as well should I face the same problem).

Xy zT

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
I also did a number of other things before, like restarted the router (didn't work), and switched my laptop wifi off (didn't work), and all the other things (got it working once, actually, by switching flight mode on and off - didn't work the second time around), and once I was shutting off the phone, then switching it on after waiting a few minutes, even tried by taking the battery out (worked only once). The wifi got disconnected first, as I saw it - and which perhaps was the case - because I was running out of battery. In all cases when I got it working, I did something that caused some sequence or emergence so that it worked. I think that the last thing I did might be the final solution, perhaps, with either with the password (see above) or by disabling always available, or some other combination of things that I either forgot that I did beforehand (I didn't do too many things, though).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance