- Hi guys,
I'm using a Samsung S6 (Android 6.0.1). For some reason, my home and recent apps buttons are not working anymore.
I can still use the former to use the fingerprint scanner and get access, but exiting out of apps doesn't work anymore. Similarly, the recent apps button, does not show anything (even with active apps running).
I restarted my phone multiple times, but I can't get it to work. There was no physical damage whatsoever, the phone just laid on the table all day long.
Any ideas on what's wrong?
Thanks!12-13-2016 11:34 AM
- I found a couple of people complaining of similar issues, but most say that they fixed it with a reboot. That doesn't seem to be the case for you.
If the phone hasn't suffered any physical damage recently, my suggestion would be to use Samsung's Smart Switch software to copy everything off the device, and then do a factory reset.
Samsung Smart Switch™: Transfer Contacts, Music & More
If that still doesn't fix your issue, you are most likely looking at some kind of hardware issue.
It really sounds like there is something inside your device that has "come loose". You don't mention it, but does the "back" (capacitive) button still work? If that is also not working, I feel pretty confident that you've got a problem with the board behind those buttons having become disconnected
As a temporary workaround, go into Settings -> Dexterity and Interaction -> Assitant and turn on the on-screen accessibility button. It's not a great fix, but it will at least let you use the device while you get it sorted out.12-13-2016 01:52 PM
- Thanks for answering, unfortunately it is still not working.
- The back button is working
- It doesn't sound like there is anything lose
- The light on the Recent apps button still shows up when pressed, it's just the actual functionality (show recent apps) that doesn't work
- The Assistant menu under Dexterity and interaction can't be selected
- For some reason, I also can't uninstall any apps (no matter which one)
Maybe this gives you guys more ideas as to what it might be12-14-2016 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD