Hi guys!

I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy S6 (running Android 6.0.1). As an account manager, I receive a lot of calls during a day, which can be quite stressful, as I'm usually in meetings.

When the meetings are over, I have 5+ missed calls, showed by the red badge in the right corner of the "Phone" app button.

Since I don't have the time to call everyone back, I usually focus on the ones leaving voicemails.

I would really, really, REALLY love the badge to stop showing, but haven't found a way to disable it yet. I've searched the internet a lot of times, seen a lot of videos on youtube and so forth - but to no avail.

Therefore dear reader: Can you help me? I would really appreciate it.

Best,

The salesman
    12-14-2016 12:45 PM
    Are you running the stock TouchWiz launcher, or a 3rd-party launcher? (Badging is done by the launcher, and each one has a different way to change/disable it.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-14-2016 03:08 PM
    TouchWiz has a badge for calls.

Just open the phone app and take a look at the call log. Or pull down the notification, there's usually a missed calls notification there, and tap that to take you directly to the log.
    12-14-2016 04:47 PM
    I know how to remove the badge. My problem is stopping the badge from showing in the first place.
    12-15-2016 12:14 AM
    It's factory new, and I have only installed company apps, so my guess is, that it's TouchWiz. (I admit that I'm an Android spas, as I use iPhones privately.)
    12-15-2016 12:16 AM
    You can't stop it. There's no inbuilt function to customize it. You'll have to download and install a launcher that does have more customization features. Personally the second thing I install on any device I own/setup is Nova Launcher (first is Swiftkey).
    12-15-2016 12:43 AM
    Thanks a million! I'll try that first thing tomorrow!
    12-15-2016 09:30 AM
    It worked wonders! THANKS!!!
    12-16-2016 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD