Can the Chomp contact list be restricted to cell numbers (meaning, can it omit email addresses)?

LaurieDutch

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
When I want to compose a new sms/text in Chomp and when tapping the pen to access contacts, I'd like it to display cell/mobile numbers only.

However, Chomp includes email contacts in addition to phone numbers. I think that gmail loaded email addresses into Chomp (or else Chomp grabbed them from my gmail account), including many only used once but that gmail retained. So instead of displaying a useful list of sms contacts that is easy to navigate through, I have to sort through a long list of mainly useless contacts when composing new messages in Chomp.

If it's possible to have Chomp display mobile/cell numbers only, how can I set it to do this?

Thanks.

MobileNick

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
There is a setting checkbox within Chomp that says "Show mobile contacts only" which should work - but I think you have to make sure your Contacts are properly defined - that is if a person's mobile number is listed in Contacts as "home" or something, it may not show up. Haven't tested this.

Could also be that Chomp taking the settings from the Contacts app. If you go to Contacts, do you see a large list contacts with emails only? If so, go to Contacts settings and there should be a checkbox to say "show contacts with phone numbers only." Then see if Chomp follows suit and only shows you those names with phone numbers.

Alternatively, when composing a new SMS if you start typing the name in the To: field, it should filter only to the match and eliminate all the others, also making it easier to pick the name.

LaurieDutch

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
There is a setting checkbox within Chomp that says "Show mobile contacts only" which should work - but I think you have to make sure your Contacts are properly defined - that is if a person's mobile number is listed in Contacts as "home" or something, it may not show up. Haven't tested this.

Could also be that Chomp taking the settings from the Contacts app. If you go to Contacts, do you see a large list contacts with emails only? If so, go to Contacts settings and there should be a checkbox to say "show contacts with phone numbers only." Then see if Chomp follows suit and only shows you those names with phone numbers.

Alternatively, when composing a new SMS if you start typing the name in the To: field, it should filter only to the match and eliminate all the others, also making it easier to pick the name.

Excellent advice :) Here's what happened, in case others have the same issue . . . I had already set Chomp to "show mobile contacts only" so that wasn't the solution on my phone (but might be for others), although it might be a factor if not selected. I then went to Contacts, and indeed there were email addresses included there, so under More | Settings | Display, "Contacts to display" I selected "Phone" (instead of "All contacts"). This eliminated the email addresses. Thanks!

(A new issue arose; I posted it under a new thread; Is there a way to set Chomp to suggest "favorites" .....?)

MobileNick

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
It's awesome. Setting -> Send Delay (under the Sending section).

I also like the theming features in Chomp. Don't do a lot of changes, but I really like the ability to adjust font size. Most messaging apps use huge fonts - I like making them smaller so it is easier to read (for me) and also can fit more of the message history on a screen

I would also suggest downloading an emoji package - I like the iOS style the best but there are a few others.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar