My wife has a Galaxy S6 and I have an S7 Edge. A month or so ago we both started getting these weird vibration notifications and then the phone will open up to the Google Play store to some random app (although the apps seem to repeat, like 8Ball Pool is one I've seen a lot).

They seem to come in swarms, sometimes not at all, sometimes very frequent for a while.

It seemed to happen after we installed Wordfeud and Words with Friends. She has since uninstalled Wordfeud but it didn't help. I've talked to others who use those and haven't had this issue. I disabled notifications from Wordfeud and it didn't change. It could have been coincidence.

I've used Malwarebytes, Anti Adware, Lookout, and WA Security. None of them found any issues.

I also downloaded Notification Saver in case it was a legit notification that I was missing, but it doesn't show anything new when it happens.

It has gotten less frequent lately, but I still worry something is lurking on our phones. All my searching has come up empty so far. Any ideas?
    12-16-2016 11:49 AM
    Does this occur on wifi, mobile data, or both?
    12-16-2016 05:48 PM
    Does this occur on wifi, mobile Data, or both?
    Both. Thanks.
    12-16-2016 07:18 PM
    Welcome as a new member.

Have you tried Safe Mode?
    12-17-2016 02:02 AM
    Had an account a long while, just forgot to log in to ask the question.

I haven't tried safe mode but it happens so infrequently that I'd have to be in it for months before I could reasonably say that fixed it. Right now it might happen a couple times a week or so.
    12-17-2016 09:16 AM
    This continues to happen, randomly, at least to my phone. Doesn't happen to my wife much if at all.

I was on my way to work this week, phone in a mount, not touching it, running Google Maps navigation, and it repeatedly brought up the Google Play Store, open to various different apps and games. It probably happened 15-20 times within 20 minutes, then stopped. Later in my commute, the phone crashed and restarted. I have no idea if these are related. I don't know if it was vibrating this time.

This is starting to get annoying. Surely I'm not the only person with this issue.
    01-19-2017 07:36 AM
    No, you're not. See this: [Guide] Malware / Adware / Popup Removal - #mTalk [Guide] Malware / Adware / Popup Removal

In your position I'd be inclined to try clearing the browser cache. I don't like to clear the browser cache without good reason, but this may be one.

Sent from mTalk
    01-19-2017 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD