Recover photos from factory reset phone

A

AC Question

My mother in law has a Galaxy S6 that was factory reset (apparently it factory resets after 5 failed lock screen login attempts, and our todder got a hold of it and put in the wrong pin 5 times in a row).

She's pretty torn up as she lost all of her photos and doesn't have them backed up (don't worry, we're going to have a conversation about this).

I found a guide for recovering photos from a factory reset phone using recuva, though unfortunately the board software prevents me from linking to it.

However, one of the steps is to put the phone in USB storage mode. Given that the phone is current reset and not set up, how can I do that? I am worried that if I go through set-up it will write to the drive again and the files will become unrecoverable, but I can't figure out how to put into USB storage mode without doing so, so it's a bit of a catch-22.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
You are correct in thinking that writing to the storage can lose some photos. However, the chances of you losing all of them are pretty slim.

Keep in mind that right now you have zero photos. You can only go up from there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz