VOlte SIM seems not to be recognized...

A

AC Question

First, upon inserting and turning on my n5x, it prompts me for a sim network unlock code. My 5x is unlocked and I've used it with other sims and services seemlessly. Second, after dismissing the screen, I get no service and can't connect to any providers. Third, the APN info doesn't display and I'm unable to add anything. Restarting, airplane mode, refreshing, factory restart etc haven't worked.
Lastly, I can edit fields from the phone secret menu(phone information), but fields like VOlte provisioned and LTE only, dont stick. They revert upon switching windows or restarting.

I'm on nougat and thoughly stuck... Please please kind internet, give me my cell service back!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. The device is unlocked, but in this case, that specific SIM probably isn't. You should be able to contact your carrier to get an unlock code to use the device.

Nekusasufaibuekusu

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the response(I'm the above questioner).

It was shipped with a code, but it says the password is incorrect(I've entered it in several times on last one, twice so far on newly issued one). I briefly remember that even if the code is right it reads as unknown?

Makes sense that the sim is locked, but any suggestions on why the carrier provided sim lock password won't work(it's on the sim card card)?

Nekusasufaibuekusu

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Yeah. I've tried just about everything. Funny enough, it was the second sim they issued me. Displayed as locked on 2 other phones(samsung and iphone6). I've asked them to downgrade the sim to plain-old LTE. Let's see if that works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC