Note 3 work with battery on 1%

A

AC Question

My 3 year old Note 3 with original battery can still last a whole day but has some very strange discharging patterns. Can go 100%-80% right after unplugging in 10minutes. Then going back to normal discharging rate... and when getting down to 1% can still go on without turning off for a full 2h with Wifi connected, screen on and surfing the net, listening to music over Bluetooth.

Once turned off at 1% after 2h of heavy use. Did not plug in the charger right away, left the phone turned off overnight, plugged in the charger in the morning and started charging from 12%.

I understand that the battery may need changing after 3 years but right now it is not properly reporting the charge level. Is it dangerous to keep using the phone on 1%?

Claude Speed

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
My 3 year old Note 3 with original battery can still last a whole day but has some very strange discharging patterns. Can go 100%-80% right after unplugging in 10minutes. Then going back to normal discharging rate... and when getting down to 1% can still go on without turning off for a full 2h with Wifi connected, screen on and surfing the net, listening to music over Bluetooth.

Once turned off at 1% after 2h of heavy use. Did not plug in the charger right away, left the phone turned off overnight, plugged in the charger in the morning and started charging from 12%.

I understand that the battery may need changing after 3 years but right now it is not properly reporting the charge level. Is it dangerous to keep using the phone on 1%?
I don't recommend that you discharge the battery fully

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49