Tablet stuck in reboot loop?

A

AC Question

Hi, I have a Galaxy Tab 2, and for the last... day or so, it's been in a, well, reboot loop.
It boots, goes to the lock screen, is 'on' for about half a minute, then reboots. Rinse, repeat.
I've tried to factory reset, multiple times, but all that's done has made my tablet occasionally boot into a nice white screen that reads 'Device Memory Damaged'.
I have no idea what to do!
(Also, if it helps at all; before this, the pre-installed Youtube app uninstalled, leaving the base.... com.android.youtube, i believe? behind, which spat out errors going '(youtube) has crashed', constantly. I reinstalled youtube from the app store, and then this started happening.)

jeffhaskins

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I would try to reflash the stock firmware. I believe if you hold vol-, home, and power from an off state it will initiate download mode. Download the correct firmware for your model from sammobile website. Search for Odin. When in download mode Odin should recognize the device. Select pda and select the firmware. Make sure repartition is not checked and hit start. If all goes well the tab will reboot into android. If the memory isn't actually damaged this should do the trick.

freeRebs

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
Hey there, I'm the one who asked that question, haha.
I downloaded Odin, downloaded the firmware file necessary, set my tablet to download mode, and did all that through Odin on my PC.
This.... didn't work. All the same problems are still present, tablet still boots, black screens after about 30 seconds and reboots, repeat.
So I guess the followup question is: is my tablet, well, broken? D:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan