kies won't recognise galaxy s6

archdaks

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi

I have downloaded Kies 3 to enable me to upload photos and voice files from my S6 to my windows 7 computer. I have the latest 6.0.1 software on phone.

I have the connection mode on phone set to MTP

Successfully connected the phone to USB and all drivers are up to date. When Kies asks for me to connect to devise, I do so and get an audible notification on computer and phone.

Kies shows that it is connecting but that is where it stays. After a long while a message comes up on the phone saying ""The connected devise is unable to access data on this devise. Reconnect the USB cable and try again.

However if I do try again the same thing happens.

Any help would be appreciated, I am getting desparate!!!!!!!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Kies doesn't work for the newer phones anymore, since Samsung switched to Smart Switch. It's a leaner faster program than Kies. It loses the contacts and music management since ever since Kies rolled out, consensus was its better to use something else like Outlook for Windows to manage contacts and another program to manage the music. In a way that makes sense. A dedicated music or contact program works better than something that tries to do everything. Also, you might want to look into SideSync as welk. Very useful program from Samsung that works very well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12