Got a new Moto G4 this week with Marshmallow 6.0.1 using tracfone byop cdma. While at a restaurant tonight I went to google something and found my phone was connected to some random open wifi from the motel next door. Chrome warned me that I was on a suspect network. I had to turn off wifi to get connected to LTE data. My old Moto E 4.4.4 was set to only connect to saved routers that I had previously connected to. I use wifi at home and don't want to have to remember to turn off wifi every time I leave the house.

How do I disable my wifi from automatically connecting to any open router I happen to get near? (Network Notification in the advanced wi-fi settings is already turned off.)
    12-20-2016 11:47 PM
    Look around on developer options, you have a few wifi settings in there too...
    12-21-2016 12:20 AM
    Got a new Moto G4 this week with Marshmallow 6.0.1 using tracfone byop cdma. While at a restaurant tonight I went to google something and found my phone was connected to some random open wifi from the motel next door. Chrome warned me that I was on a suspect network. I had to turn off wifi to get connected to LTE data. My old Moto E 4.4.4 was set to only connect to saved routers that I had previously connected to. I use wifi at home and don't want to have to remember to turn off wifi every time I leave the house.

How do I disable my wifi from automatically connecting to any open router I happen to get near? (Network Notification in the advanced wi-fi settings is already turned off.)
    I have Moto g 3rd gen and yes it connects to open wi-fi all the time if it find it ,I was unable to get a solution tho.
    12-21-2016 02:50 AM