Forgot my lock screen password (HTC Desire 820)

Alex Aleo

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
Ok so I'm desperate, I broke my screen a couple of months ago on my htc desire 820 and only got it fixed few days ago. Meanwhile I didn't use it and completely forgot my password, I just can't remember it.My question is is there any way I can get inside my phone without factory resseting it, or at least recover the data from it then reset it.My main concern is to recover the data from it :(
I have a wi-fi connection enabled and working on the phone, sadly the gmail trick didn't work it told me I already have a password active and they can't set another one.
Any help is really appreciated :(((

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The problem with ADM is that you can only use it to remotely set a lockscreen password if the phone didn't have one set in the first place. Unless you can remember the password, I think you're out of luck. Sorry!

jeffhaskins

May 2, 2016
Visit site
If you have adb, you should be able to pull your files. Something like adb pull /storage/sdcard0/ or adb pull /sdcard/ should do the trick, providing you have usb debugging checked in dev options or a custom recovery to boot into such as TWRP. Adb will work by default in most custom recoveries, but usually not with a stock recovery.

Alex Aleo

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
Is there any way to activate usb debugging remotely? As far as I remember I didn't have it checked.
And for custom recoveries wish you could be a bit more explicit, I can give you the info's the phone gives me when that bootloading menu shows up, but I'm pretty sure I have a stock recovery I've got the phone from a phone carrier in my city and didn't change anything :(

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Is there any way to activate usb debugging remotely? As far as I remember I didn't have it checked.
And for custom recoveries wish you could be a bit more explicit, I can give you the info's the phone gives me when that bootloading menu shows up, but I'm pretty sure I have a stock recovery I've got the phone from a phone carrier in my city and didn't change anything :(
You can give the adb thing a try ,bcoz earlier I remember ,I was able to use the fast boot and adb without having the debug option on ,well my phone has unlocked bootloader tho

Alex Aleo

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
You can give the adb thing a try ,bcoz earlier I remember ,I was able to use the fast boot and adb without having the debug option on ,well my phone has unlocked bootloader tho
There's a message on the bootloader menu that looks like this : ***Software status: Official*** and under it *** LOCKED***
And I would really love to try the adb thing but I get lost in the steps of doing it...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood