can i save my phone? (Samsung Galaxy Note 2)

A

AC Question

hi,

i have been having a huuuuuuge problem with my Note 2. it all started a few months ago when i was watching something and it shut down, i thought it maybe was the battery so i started to load the phone.

after a while when i thought the phone were done i started to try to kick it back on, tada! nothing...

it now is stuck on the samsung information (not the flashy Samsung logo that comes after) and wont go further. and if i try to charge the phone i usually get the battery showing either green or loading but now it´s stuck on the grey circle.

Now a few months later i tried to search for a solution so last night i sat down and tried to use the odin 1.85 and a few more and i tried to use kies for help.

with the odin i have the problem that either it stops (fails) on "cant connect Serial (COM) port" or gets to the NAND problem.

with kies i have the problem with the recovery code. it goes pretty okay till i come to the problem with the recovery code because it isn´t showing.

I can without ny problem go in to downloadmode and to (recovery mode? the mode when you can reset cashe and wipe the phone to factory restoration) but i still cant figure why i cant go further.

i may mention that the phone have fallen info floors and have a cracked display but i can still see these thing mention above.

is my phone completely fried or can i save my phone?
(i dont want any photos or so saved, just want if possible, the phone to work again)

br/Alexandra

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
it now is stuck on the samsung information (not the flashy Samsung logo that comes after) and wont go further. and if i try to charge the phone i usually get the battery showing either green or loading but now it´s stuck on the grey circle.
That usually indicates a battery problem. Considering that the phone (and the battery) is over 4 years old, it's surprising that it lasted as long as it has, unless you always charge it at 40% or more.

with the odin i have the problem that either it stops (fails) on "cant connect Serial (COM) port" or gets to the NAND problem.
A bad NAND in flashing is usually a bad chip on the motherboard (which means replacing the motherboard).

i may mention that the phone have fallen info floors and have a cracked display but i can still see these thing mention above.
That usually breaks things - that might not show up for months.

Can the phone be saved? Sure. Is it cheaper to fix or replace? You'd have to bring it to a repair shop for an estimate to find out. (I'm guessing it's going to be cheaper to replace.)

Iluda

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
hi again,

alright so that phone is better of replaced than trying to fix it. a shame but i had that thought as well.
:'(
thank you so much for your reply!:)

br/Alexandra