Wifi disconnecting constantly

A

AC Question

I have just bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 off Amazon. It's a 'B-grade' phone. I fully charged it, then did a factory reset just to make sure that there was no remaining data from a previous owner. Anyway, I can't seem to stay connected to my BT Broadband wifi for longer than, I think, four minutes. I've made sure that the smart network switch is disabled, I've tried using the WPS push button, and I did the *#0011# but couldn't see the on/off option for the wifi. I believe I have Android 6.0. My phone is just not auto-connecting to the wifi, forcing me to manually sign in each time, and that, combined with the constant disconnecting, is really exasperating. I really hope I haven't bought a faulty phone. I am moving to Ireland in a week, so it would be such a blow to have been misled by a seller.

Sandissy

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Just an update: I tried connecting to the public BTWIFI-with-Fon. This has stayed connected, so I do not know what that signifies? Could this be related to my BT home hub? It worked for my previous S4, and I experience no disconnects with my laptop.