Any application that tells my NETWORK speed, I don't care about down and up speed.

Koyoo

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Recently an application I've been using (speed test master) is screwing up and keeps saying "Current network is unavailable " and its the only app that tells me my network speed,

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Recently an application I've been using (speed test master) is screwing up and keeps saying "Current network is unavailable " and its the only app that tells me my network speed,
Hey there

Welcome to AF :)

You just want to know about your network speed ?

Download other net speed checker ,I personally use speedtest.net available on play store

Thanks

A

AC Question

Current network is unavailable

It says on my mobile speed test "Current network is unavailable, please try again later." but when I try a different speed test app it doesn't do that. Is it my network or the application network? (Using speed test master)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Current network is unavailable

The network it's referring to is the one the speedtest server is on. Using a different app is using a different server, so it's available. It has nothing to do with your phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A speedtest app tells you the speed between your phone and the speed test server - that's the network you're checking. If the server is close to your carrier or internet provider (mobile data or wifi, whichever you're using at the time), that's your speed to your provider. If you choose a server halfway around the world, you'll see that "your" speed has dropped - that's because "network" speed is measured between two points, you and some server - and your speed to some slow computer connected to the internet through 10 miles of wire hung on trees is going to be slow, but if that's the only server for that speed test in that part of the world, they might accept it on their service.

(Up and down speeds are the speeds that are being measured. Your provider normally limits your up speed to less than your down speed, because what most people do up, like what they're typing on a keyboard, is slow. My current upload speed [I just checked] is about 1/4 my download speed.)