Bluetooth suddenly won't turn on unless in safe mode

A

AC Question

I have a 3 month old Moto X Pure bought new with 6.0 installed. Recently, (December 2016) at times, it won't let bluetooth turn on. Bluetooth will be on and playing Pandora or a Podcast, then shuts down. Attempts to turn Bluetooth back on result in just a flash of the bluetooth button from on to off. Issue can persist after reboot and clearing the bluetooth share cache. BUT Bluetooth has always worked fine if booted in "safe" mode and using the stock Google music program. So I'm ruling out a hardware problem. Randomly Bluetooth does work during a normal boot but the problem comes back eventually - sometimes even after a day or so. I've tried deleting all apps which might access Bluetooth and mess it up but haven't found a culprit yet.

No problems with bluetooth previously. I'm suspect of the "Awair" app which I recently loaded which seemed to be the same time the problem started. But Awair has been deleted, Android Cache cleared. Could that still be haunting my phone? Have not yet tried a factory reset and don't want to!

Any help with this mystery appreciated!

Mark

MarkNYC

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
thanks for the suggestion but no apps are installed that do that sort of thing beyond what's in 6.0 by default.

The most recent occurrence happened while streaming Pandora so deleted that app and now am testing Podcast Addict.

Sometimes I have to clear the Android cache before bluetooth works again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke