Priv/Android - music on cell and windows

towngirl

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Where is a good place to buy music that you can get on phone or windows?

I used to use 7Digital. It was great. I could buy on phone or cell and wherever I bought it, I can always go back to Windows and download it. They have had a lot of changes there and it simply doesn't work anymore (for what I want).

Spotify doesn't work as you need a membership (I can't figure out why you need a membership to buy music so that doesn't work for me).

I guess I am old school (I am told lol). I like to download and make CD's. I guess people don't do this so much but I do. My car has no plug for cell so CD's I must make.

Thanks for any suggestions.

towngirl

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You can buy a single song on Amazon? I usually buy CD's unless I want 1 song then I go to places like 7Digital. ( YES, I still buy CD's lol )

What I did find out about 7Digital (after I posted) ... they send you a recipt. If you use the link, you can get to your purchase. So... I guess that will work. I was having trouble getting it to my pc after I bought it.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
You can buy a single song on Amazon? I usually buy CD's unless I want 1 song then I go to places like 7Digital. ( YES, I still buy CD's lol )

What I did find out about 7Digital (after I posted) ... they send you a recipt. If you use the link, you can get to your purchase. So... I guess that will work. I was having trouble getting it to my pc after I bought it.
Amazon sells CDs, mp3 albums and single mp3 songs. None of the mp3s from Amazon are DRM protected. I've purchased digital music from Amazon for years, since I never used iTunes.

I also prefer CDs, unless I'm buying vinyl LPs. I'm not fond of lossy digital formats such as mp3s.

towngirl

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Google Play Music. It's easy to download to your computer if you want, but your purchased music is always easily accessible online.

Being new to android with Priv, I was looking at Google Music. I am not sure how it all work but I don't think you can buy a song or cd? It looks more like a radio station where you pick the songs and add it to a playlist? I had tried to buy songs.

And I was searching for a lot of songs which is doesn't seem to have.

edit: so looking at it again just now... I had tried to buy music but I couldn't get it on computer. I will have to look at it again and figure it all. Maybe it'll works. thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Buy the music first from the Google Play Store (either the app on your phone or the website on your computer). When you buy music there, it automatically gets added to your Google Play Music library.