Hello, so yesterday my S7 Edge got wet (it's water resistant..?) and I think because of that, the capacitive buttons started tripping out, so I pressed on Restart. Since then, I've not been able to turn my phone on in ANY WAY. The blue light shows every now and then (NOT flickering, just constantly on) and sometimes when I put it in a charger it shows the red charging led. (It's like this, in this video; can't post links, copy this after a youtube video; mnyOHMrT8e0 ). I have tried EVERY button combination many and many times, and nothing seems to work! It also shows the light of my capacitive buttons every now and then (<very rarely) and vibrates a little little bit (not like when you'd get a message, a very light vibatrion.)

Does anyone have the solution of this? When I google this everyone says oh press vol down+power and it's fine, but nothing works for me, I tried every combination possible.

Sorry for my bad english and I thank you in advance for helping me
    12-27-2016 02:26 AM
    There is no button combination that will fix water damage...probably should take it to a Samsung repair center. It sounds like the ribbon cable or connection for the screen has been damaged. If you are out of warranty, you can probably search youtube to learn how to take the phone apart and possibly fix it.
    12-27-2016 08:19 AM
    Ok, it was me who created this thread and I decided to go to my provider, which is T-Mobile. So, even though Samsung advertises his S7 series as water proof, it isn't. And it isn't within warranty. They offered me to sent it so Samsung to check what is up, and make a list of repairs with PRICES, and +45euro additional for research costs, which will be well over 400 euro in total. I denied their request and went to an IT company and they checked it out for 15 bucks and it indeed is caused by water. Now they will try to fix the motherboard for 35euro and hope that my LCD screen isn't broken, if it is, it will be well over 300 euro. I feel screwed by Samsung, they advertise their phone as water proof, but all the sudden there's water all in my motherboard and it isn't within their f*kn warranty..
    For those who are wondering: it's because I showered with my phone (this was the first - and last time).
    12-27-2016 09:09 AM
    Doesn't Samsung say water-resistant rather than waterproof?
    12-27-2016 09:25 AM
    Water-damage isn't covered by standard warranty.

In fact, it is stated in the fine print on their marketing material.
    12-27-2016 09:38 AM
    Well, at the time I only saw commercials for Wayne putting his phone under champagne and putting it in fishing bowls, w/ small letters in the buttom saying don't go lower then 5f & longer then 30 minutes, clean/dry any resedue. But mine died after 5 minutes showering. I know it wasn't smart but I feel... betrayed if that makes sense? I feel like they give the wrong idea in adverts.

edit;

This is what I can find on their website regarding the S7 and water restistance.

Water & dust
    resistance
    The Galaxy S7 edge and S7 go everywhere you go. Up to 30 minutes or 1.5 meters under. We've also worked out how to completely seal off the inside components whilst keeping micro USB ports, earphone jacks open, so you won't have to fiddle with extra caps or covers.
    12-27-2016 09:42 AM
    All they had to do is make clear that it is not waterproof, even if you're below the 30minutes+5ft. I was WELL bellow the 30 minutes, 5/10 at most, not being underwater, just small amounts of water. I'm a 17 year old student who bought an expensive *** phone for what, 700 euros at launch? I've sent it to samsung 3 times so far regarding broken LCD screens which wasn't my fault and was within my warranty, losing my phone for 1/2weeks everytime. And now my phone is broken because of their (in my eyes) false advert and they tell me, well it's not within the warranty. I don't see it on their site, i dont see it in their ads, it wasn't told when I bought the phone, where is it stated? In the tiny little letters in the 40 page long manual?
    12-27-2016 09:50 AM
    Moderator note: Welcome to the forums. I get that you're frustrated, but please keep language clean and do not circumvent the language filters.
    12-27-2016 10:03 AM
    Thank you & sorry, didn't know the word I said would get flagged
    12-27-2016 10:06 AM
    A few things here: Showers produce pressurized water moving at speed. Their 30 minute time indication is assuming still or incredibly slow moving water. They do call it water and dust resistance, rather than water and dust proof. The warranty information for the device does clearly state that it does not cover water damage. They do have an extended warranty that can be purchased called Samsung Protection Plus which does add protection for accidental drops, spills, etc.

I am also unhappy with their advertisements on this feature (water resistance) - they did get a high rating and are of course allowed to advertise it, but in my opinion it should not be advertised with examples of putting it in water, etc. unless they're going to back their claims up with their warranty. Water resistance is meant to add a tiny amount of peace of mind for accidental splashes, not to encourage people to take extra risks when handling their pocket computers.
    12-27-2016 10:16 AM
    At this point, the best options will be to look up techniques for mitigating water damage (some people advocate rice, some advocate alcohol, I'm not sure what is best) and to attempt those. I'd recommend leaving the device powered off and NOT on a charger for at least 24 hours, giving things a chance to get the moisture out of it. Following those steps, then it may be able to boot again. Obviously if that fails, then you'd be reliant on repair centers and/or Samsung.
    12-27-2016 10:22 AM
    I was stupid when this happened and tried to get it to work for hours and hours, pressing buttons, charging, putting in mu pc. An IT guy is trying to fix the motherboard and if with a little bit of luck ill get off this with40bucks ,, if its the lcd.. 400/500
    12-27-2016 10:28 AM