Can't reinstall software update apps! Rooted Tab S

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
So I recently rooted my galaxy tab s that I've owned for a couple years now. And I did something dumb. I got Titanium backup on there, and wanted to shut down the constant notification for the marshmellow update (still on lollipop). So I uninstalled two apps callled "software update 4.21.150224" and "software update 4.21.150241". I know I should have tried freezing first. But I couldn't because for some reason Titanium backup didn't recognise that I have the pro licence after I loaded the backup file for it until the next day. So while frustrated I decided to try making backups of the two files I suspected of causing the unwanted notifications. And then uninstalled them. The notifications have stoppd and everything works fine. But when I tested to see if I could re install them I get failed messages. I tried unchecking "exclude system APKs" and then it starts trying to install but stays at 0% until I reboot the device. When It reboots I get the "unfortunately software update has stopped" message. So I uninstalled again. Right now everything works fine without it but if I ever need them back on there what's the process?

Thanks.

jeffhaskins

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Use a root file explorer to copy them to either /system/app or /system/priv-app/ depending on where they were originally. Remember each app should be in a folder since you are on lollipop. Then you change the permissions of the app folder to 0755 and change the permissions on the apk inside the folder to 0644. Rinse and repeat for the other app. Reboot.

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Use a root file explorer to copy them to either /system/app or /system/priv-app/ depending on where they were originally. Remember each app should be in a folder since you are on lollipop. Then you change the permissions of the app folder to 0755 and change the permissions on the apk inside the folder to 0644. Rinse and repeat for the other app. Reboot.
I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084