My galaxy tab 4 is showing i have over 6 gigs of stuff in my misc file, but its empty.

A

AC Question

My tab holds 16gigs, and i have a 32 gig sd card. All kinds of space on the card, but most apps wont transfer. My misc file on my operating system shows its filled with over 6 gigs, but ive deleted everything. Pics, vids, docs...everything, and it still shows it full. I need updates, but it wont free up any space when i delete and uninstall. What can i do?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Misc is a folder to which you have no rights - not even read rights - so you see nothing in it. But there are files in it, you just can't see them. (That's part of how Linux works.) The files are data that apps are keeping - if you delete them, you'll have to reload your apps the next time you run each of them, so instead of a game starting up in 2 seconds, it might take 2 minutes. (And you can't delete files you can't see.)

What should you do? If you need more storage, you need a larger phone. They don't make phones with exchangeable internal storage yet.