Samsung Galaxy s4 not working properly (lot of detail so read description)

nastyheatnor1

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
(This will be a lot to read so excuse that)

I have a Samsung Galaxy s4, running lollipop 5.1, recently it's been starting up in the new os menu (vol+down), it does that every time I boot it up, and to get it into my actual os I have to hold vol+up+home and then let go when it buzzes or it'll just shut off, it doesn't load up into the recovery mode. When my phone boots into the lock screen it is in safe mode and the volume down button doesn't work. I've tried a bunch of things (such as taking apart my phone to make sure the volume down button isn't stuck, reset my phone, etc.), can anyone please come up with a fix? I can give you any Info you may need about my phone, I can't find a solution to this problem anywhere on the Internet btw...

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Did you actually measure the contacts with an ohm-meter to make sure the vol down switch isn't always shorted? I believe these are tactile switches, so it could be the button looks fine but the switch disk has collapsed inside.

nastyheatnor1

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
I haven't tried that, but I doubt that's it, this issue started while I was using my phone just out of the blue it restarted and started doing this, I'll give it a try though If I can find an ohm meter

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon