Change camera pixel size on LG4 cell phone

A

AC Question

Hello,
I am trying to upload pictures on a real estate site and they keep cropping my landscape pictures saying that my pictures need to have a minimum of 1800 X 1200 pixels to be uploaded.
How do I change that on my LG4 cell phone?

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
You can't change your devices stock camera resolution. You can use photoshop (Almost any photoshop program will suffice) to stretch the image, but thats the thing, if your devices native resolution is too small to upload then stretching the images can distort their overall quality. I could do this for you if you do not know how, just PM me if your interested.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty small. 1800 x 1200 works out to only 2.16 megapixels.

If the site is automatically rescaling the pictures and you are not losing the margins I wouldn't worry about it and just let the site do its thing. If, however, the site is simply zooming in to a small portion in the middle of the picture I could understand that being unacceptable.

First option would be to go into the camera settings on the phone and see what resolutions are offered. It may not downscale that far though. If it does, resnap thepics. You might have to try some alternate camera apps to find one that offers alternate resolutions.

Another option is to put the photos on a PC and use software to resize them to meet the abysmally poor standard of 1800 x 1200.

Even better, find another real estate site which has a more modern standard.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't change your devices stock camera resolution...

That's funny, because on most of my devices I can choose several resolutions either through the stock camera app or alternate camera apps. Open Camera comes immediately to mind for this... Just checked and for my 13MP camera it adjusts from 4160 x 3120 (4:3, 12.98MP) down to 320 x 240 (4:3, 0.08MP).

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
That's funny, because on most of my devices I can choose several resolutions either through the stock camera app or alternate camera apps. Open Camera comes immediately to mind for this... Just checked and for my 13MP camera it adjusts from 4160 x 3120 (4:3, 12.98MP) down to 320 x 240 (4:3, 0.08MP).
True, higher-end devices do have this option. But the hardware is where the true limitation is. If the camera can only capture x amount of pixels per shot it can only do that or less. On top of all cellular cameras being digital, pixels can only be manipulated to a certain extent. You do have a good point though, that I did not take into consideration... I would try your method before using photoshop.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...the hardware is where the true limitation is. If the camera can only capture x amount of pixels per shot it can only do that or less...

Since the site is asking for 2.16 MP, I took the OP to mean maximum and not minimum. A typo perhaps?

I mean it is 2016. What phone shoots less than 3MP with the rear camera any more?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon