Is there an app for locking your phone with fingerprint.

A

AC Question

May be a stupid question, but is there an app for locking my phone when an incorrect finger touches the home button identified by fingerprint used to unlock the phone. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7.

TheSwedenGuy

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
This is my second account sorry, so if someone would take my phone while it's active like using an app or browsing the internet. It would lock my phone from any intruders if they touched the home button.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Ah, I see, you mean when the phone is already unlocked. That sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure that it would be possible, or practical at least. I'll pass this on to others, who may know.

Also, welcome as a new member. :)

Sent from mTalk

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You know, I could see this being an annoyance to be honest. On a phone like the S7, were the fps is in the home button, every time you touch it, if it's a misread, it'll lock on you. If you're like me, I often hit home with the point of my thumb when I'm using the phone, so it would most likely misread every time.

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
This is my second account sorry, so if someone would take my phone while it's active like using an app or browsing the internet. It would lock my phone from any intruders if they touched the home button.
I get what you're saying but what if a wrong finger of your own were to touch the home button. I like the idea but it would get preeettty annoying.

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
You know, I could see this being an annoyance to be honest. On a phone like the S7, were the fps is in the home button, every time you touch it, if it's a misread, it'll lock on you. If you're like me, I often hit home with the point of my thumb when I'm using the phone, so it would most likely misread every time.
Yeah, that would get annoying.

TheSwedenGuy

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
The thing is it would be awesome if you're somewhere public like train stations or shopping. Maybe sitting on a bench somewhere and suddenly someone comes up and grabs the phone while it's still active. As soon as they touch the home button it would turn off on them. When you're done being out in public you just come home and turn it off.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! Hmm, I do like the sounds of locking the device via fingerprint. I've actually tried to do that on my phone by accident a couple of times LOOL.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084