Samsung Galaxy S7 - Verizon: Cannot move an app into Verizon's app folder

A

AC Question

About Galaxy S7 phone that I got through Verizon, on home screen there is an icon label named "Apps" that when tapped on takes you to screen with installed apps. This screen includes a folder named "Verizon" that contains Verizon apps such as 'VZ Navigator', 'VZ Protect', 'VZ Cloud', etc. I had removed 'VZ Protect' from the Verizon folder because I had wanted to use a third party security app. However, I changed my mind, so I reinstalled "VZ Protect". The problem is I unable to move this app back into the "Verizon" folder. I had tried press down on the app and when I moved it the screen would revert back to home screen, not enabling me to move it to the Verizon folder, and it would land on my home screen. Also, when I tapped on 'Apps' icon I found a duplicate icon of the VZ Protect app in that folder. When I dragged it over the Verizon folder it would not move inside the folder.
I also tried the option of opening the Verizon folder to look for the plus (+) symbol to add the app to the folder, but this folder oddly does not have (+) symbol.
Would anyone out there be able to help me resolve this issue?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
First off, I gotta say with all you've written, your post is still confusing! I can tell what you did, but there are things that just couldn't have happened. Anyways....

A lot of preinstalled apps, like VZ Protect, can't be uninstalled. The most you can do is disable it. That said, there's no reason for you to ever have to reinstall the app.

What you must have done is deleted the VZ Protect app "shortcut" from the Verizon folder... in which case, all that's going to happen to the shortcut is it'll just repopulate itself back into the App drawer. The App drawer is where the "Apps" icon takes you to when you tap on it. Also, the "Apps" icon is not really a folder... it's a shortcut to the App drawer. The fact that it sort of acts like a folder... ahh, never mind, not important.

In any case, your really didn't delete the VZ Protect app, you just moved the shortcut out of the folder it was in. To get it back into the Verizon folder, do this...

Tap on the Apps icon on your homescreen, tap on the menu (three dots), tap on edit... the App drawer will go into edit mode. Next, press and hold on the VZ Protect icon and drag it into the Verizon folder.

If you don't put the app drawer into edit mode, the only thing that's going to happen when you press and hold on the VZ Protect icon (or any icon) is exactly what you saw... it moves the icon to the homescreen.

By the way, I don't own a S7, but it should work for you.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
First off, I gotta say with all you've written, your post is still confusing! I can tell what you did, but there are things that just couldn't have happened. Anyways....

Tap on the Apps icon on your homescreen, tap on the menu (three dots), tap on edit... the App drawer will go into edit mode. Next, press and hold on the VZ Protect icon and drag it into the Verizon folder.

If you don't put the app drawer into edit mode, the only thing that's going to happen when you press and hold on the VZ Protect icon (or any icon) is exactly what you saw... it moves the icon to the homescreen.

By the way, I don't own a S7, but it should work for you.

+1

This is what needs to be done to revert back to how it originally was.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie