Is there still Warranty on my charger

A

AC Question

I had a faulty charger for my Samsung J1 it was replaced under warranty in Feb 2015 and has now gone faulty again so i contacted Samsung and they said the charger is no longer covered as the year was up, but my argument is that the new charger should get 12mths warranty from the day it was replaced.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Samsung is right. Any component replaced under warranty is covered for the remainder of the original warranty.

Consider this - you have the transmission in your car replaced at 30,000 miles, do you expect the transmission to be covered until 66,000 miles or just until the end of the 36,000 mile warranty? Typically it'll only be covered until the end of the original warranty, though some will carry their own warranty which would supercede that.

Often accessories bought separately will carry a shorter warranty anyway.

Mycrossover

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
Aside from the warranty, it appears to be a regular micro USB charger available anywhere at three for a buck. Why would you even bother calling them? If it supports the fast charge rate those are readily available, too. Buy a charger rated at 2 1 amps and you are good to go. Samsung phones DO NOT need Samsung chargers. The phone needs 5 volts from a charger that can supply enough current to charge it at the highest rate the phone can support. From phones to cars, companies make money telling you that you must use factory parts and accessories. There are companies selling billions in after market parts proving that to be not true. Every dollar store,supermarket,quick stop and flea market sells chargers,