SMS messages vs text messages

bnbyrnes

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
I have 2 questions...

I get messages on my phone from people who use my phone number which I have always called a text message. They will be associated to contacts or their phone number in the message, I also get messages from like my phone provider and from work which come in as 10 digit numbers that aren't real phone numbers .. what are these? SMS messages? They are always a different number.

The second question is related to the first. I need/want to assign those messages that come in as the 10 digit numbers to a specific ring tone. These are pages from work and I cant assign them as a contact because the number is always different. I really need to find a way to specifically make these alert and silence non-emergency texts so that facebook doesn't wake me up in the middle of the night but my pages from work do.

Any suggestions?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

To answer your first question, SMS messages refer to any message sent to your specific phone number from another phone number. SMS and messages, in this sense, are synonymous.

As far as assigning a ringtone to those specific pages, I feel like that may be difficult, as the number for those pages is always changing. My suggestion to you is to manually silence apps like Facebook, etc at night, so your pages can still come in.