Didn't type in password at unlock screen but it said to wait 30 seconds

solquiff

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi, this has happened a few times, I go to type in my password to unlock my s4mini but before I get a chance I can see the countdown clock telling me to wait 30 seconds. Normally I see it when it is already 15 seconds or so into the countdown.

How could this happen, the phone is beside me and I havent touched it at all. If someone was trying to access the phone remotely surely the screen would light up or something?

This could just be a glitch but it is a bit weird. It has only happened twice in the past 6 months as far as I know. I pick up the phone and click the screen and see the countdown clock before I have even put in the password. Maybe when I click to turn on the screen it causes it to happen but if that was the case then I would see the warning telling me that I have to wait 30seconds, i dont see that, just the counter having already started.

Any explanation would be appreciated. Hopefully I have explained this well enough.

thanks

jevalladares

Samsung Galaxy S6 Champion
Q&A Team
Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Solquiff, happy new year.

I used to have an S4 mini with similar problem, not with the unlock screen but when using the phone. The issue was with my screen protector causing the phone to interpet some taps that I hadn't made. I suggest you replace your screen protector and let me know if that solves the issue. Another options is to shutdown, remove the battery for 30 seconds and turn on the phone again.

Cheers

Eramso

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance