Buying a New Smartphone! Suggestions?

Joseph Shen

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
So I'm about to get a new phone. I really want to get the OnePlus 3T, but rumors are that the OnePlus 4 is coming out soon with Snapdragon 835 and a bunch of cool features.

First, should I wait for it? On TechRadar they said it would be reduced to 5.3 inches, which I really don't want, since I love big displays. Do you think that leak is true?

Or should I just get the OnePlus 3T?

If you guys have any other suggestions on phones under 500 please let me know.

Second, if I wait, I want to get an ultra cheap phone under 250 dollars to last me for a few months before the OnePlus 4 comes out.

Once again, I really like big displays. The processor should be decently fast, and at least decent pictures. Deals under 200 would be even better.

Any ideas? I really like the Huawei Honor 5X, as well as Nextbit Robin (even though it's small). Moto G4 looks awesome but too many options on size, storage, etc. Also kind of expensive.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"but rumors are that the OnePlus 4 is coming out soon with Snapdragon 835 and a bunch of cool features." And when it does, there will be rumors of a OnePlus 5, with a newer CPU and cooler features. It's a zero-sum game. If you wait for the perfect phone, you'll still be waiting in 100 years. (I was going to pull the trigger on the Note 7, except for how it all turned out - I'd rather have my leg attached to my hip. But I still might go for a Note 8 late in the year if they get their act in some gear or other.)

If you like the OnePlus 3T, wait until the 4 comes out (and the 3T price drops through the floor). You'll still have a phone you like, and you'll save a bit (to a lot) of money. (Can't wait - because your current phone is so old? I'm still sitting with a Note 3, because there hasn't been a Note worth owning since then, except for the 4, and there's not all that much difference between the 3 and the 4. And, since I want a built-in stylus and a flagship phone, I'm still waiting. This one still works and, although I'm a software junkie [and could probably uninstall a couple of GB of stuff I just installed to help people figure them out], there's still plenty of room left with just a 64GB SD card.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463