"Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemsui has stopped."

A

AC Question

Hello so for the last i think two days or so, With my Samsung Galaxy S4, every time I hold the home button down to exit off my most recently used apps, this error pops up,"Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemsui has stopped." and then after i hit 'ok' it goes to my lock screen. I've restarted it, multiple times, no help. I've completely factory reset it, nothing. I've even let it charge up too 100% cause i read somewhere that could be the reason even though i doubted it but still no luck, if you could help that would be awesome. Thank you.

also complete noob at this website so sorry if this wasnt what i was suppose to do lol
and i forgot to metion its running on kitkat. never got the lolipop update, sucks.

jeffhaskins

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemsui has stopped."

Are you rooted or is it pure stock? You would have to run a logcat with adb to find out why your recent apps screen is force closing your statusbar. The statusbar (SystemUI) controls the lockscreen also, so as soon as the SystemUI closes and restarts it takes you to the lockscreen.

The best option would probably be to go to sammobile.com and download the latest firmware for your carrier's version of the S4. (Probably Lollipop) Then boot into download mode by holding vol-, home, and power from powered off. Then you need Odin3 to flash the firmware. Just load the firmware into the pda slot in Odin.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams