Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 10.1 (2016) - random reboot/shutdown

A

AC Question

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks for making the time to read my post about some issues I recently encountered with my Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 10.1 (2016) modelnumber SM-T580 (Android 6.0.1).

I got this tablet as a Christmas present, but ever since I have been using this device, it randomly crashes. Sometimes, it first freezes and then reboots, or just shuts down, but sometimes it does not freeze, but reboots/shuts down suddenly.

At first, I thought it had something to do with a specific app, so I did a factory reset and then didn't install any app, but the problem remained. Second step: I downloaded a previous update and installed this via Odin. Result: problem remained. After a while, I tried to collect report bugs, however, I don't know anything about programming, but I decided to give it a chance anyway. I noticed there were many "blocked" logged activities that had something to do with HeapsTaksDaemon (or something like that), many of them were related to Google Play, a search on Google learned me this. I cleared the cache of Google Play, uninstalled all updates, re-updated it to the latest version... No result, device remains crashing. I tried to wipe the cache from the recocery menu, no result.

Eventually, I noticed the following. I was trying to look for WiFi, and then again, the device crashed after freezing, and when scrolling on Wikipedia via the standard browser, I suddenly noticed I was disconnected from WiFi, and my deviced reconnected itself, en just a second after the message I was connected to my WiFi, my device shuts down again. We recently had some problems with our WiFi connection (bad and slow etc).

Is it possible there is a link between my problem and this thing I noticed regarding the WiFi? Sometimes my problem even happens wheb my tablet is just lying somewhere, and when I want to put the screen on, I see the device is turned off.

Many thanks in advance for reading my story! I really like this tablet, it is just very annoying when I am in the middle of something, and it turns off itself.

I truly hope some of you have an idea how to solve this problem :)

Thank you very much! Hope to hear you soon! ;)

Steve

SteveUS

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Some extra information to add to my own question:

I just again had a reboot loop. My device just reboots, I see the "Connected to wireless network xxxxxxx", then it shuts down again. This proces repeats itself, until I touch the device, then it sometimes stop doing this. I collected another bug report, the "blocked"-message is now linked a multipe times to cmd: system-server. The time of these events seems to correspond to the crashes. May this be the problem? Is there any explanation for this?

Thanks again!

Steve

samsamk

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
I had the same issue. I suppose you are connecting to 5G wifi network that's why it's crashing. Try connecting it to 2.4G network to see if it works properly. It does work for me as of now while connected to 2.4G network

Nick Lee 5

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue. I suppose you are connecting to 5G wifi network that's why it's crashing. Try connecting it to 2.4G network to see if it works properly. It does work for me as of now while connected to 2.4G network

This is very worrying - I bought a Galaxy Tab A6 (T580) about 3 weeks ago and it rebooted at least half a dozen times, so this morning I exchanged it.... and it's just rebooted AGAIN (the new one). I am not on a 5GHz connection - on 2.4GHz...

Help?

Yann1973

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Hello,
I think it is a model issue. I had exactly the same problem with 3 difeerent tablets Samsung galaxy tab A6.
I bought a Samsung A6 32Gb tablet with that problem, then went back to the store and changed it for another 32Gb, same problem, then changed it for a 16Gb hoping it might not happen again... Same problem!

Is there a word from Samnsung about this probleme or a configuration setting that may solve it?
If someones knows, please let us know.
Many thanks,
Yann

sgnikos

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
Hello all,

Just to mention that I have the same problem with my 2-days old A6 10.1 (2016) Samsung tab.
For unknown reasons it reboots and if you leave it down for a while it will shut down.
I hope that someone could help us here...
Thank you in advance.

Best,
Nikolaos

alexfsmith

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
I have the same issue of random reboots/crashing with the SM-T580. I have sent it in to a repair center 4 times now under warranty, and they still havn't fixed it.

I've noticed issues with the wifi on the tablet as well, and have tried connecting to a few different model routers on 2.4 and 5GHz with the same problems. Hard setting of channel on the routers doesn't seem to help either. I've also noticed the same problem after factory reset without any modification (no updates or app installs)

Samsung isn't much help with my case either, as they have told me that they will not simply replace the whole unit. I have to keep shipping this same faulty unit in an infinite amount of times for them to "fix" it. So far, the repair center has replaced the mainboard twice, reflashed twice, and completed an "RF Calibration"

Hopefully this is a software or driver related issue that will be resolved when samsung rolls out Android 7... Or they will break even more devices and we can expect them to actually investigate/repair the issue

Panlaz176

May 1, 2017
Visit site
Have the same problem! I bought a galaxy tab A 2016 10.1 4g as a present to my father for his birthday only a few days ago. I believed that this is a good tablet because I generally trust Samsung devices as I already have a galaxy note 10.1 tablet 2014 edition with no problems. Unfortunately from day one the tab A tablet started to reboot by itself! I also think that there must be something wrong with WiFi as when I am using it without WiFi connection it seems to work fine..... I am very disappointed as this is a present to my father who is 78 and this is his very first tablet :(

alexfsmith

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
I received mine back again, unfixed. repair center has reflashed the device, as their diagnostics indicated that crashes were caused by software.

I am able to reproduce the tablet crashing by:
-Set static IP on tablet's wifi connection
-from a computer, initiate a continuous ping against tablet static IP (ping "IP" -t )
-On tablet, try changing advanced settings of the wifi connection, like the DNS servers, and maybe even changing the IP to something new, and back again.

this seems to be enough to trigger a crash in my instance, which seems to indicate an issue with either the wifi device itself, or the driver. I'm leaning more towards a driver issue.

I am also noticing sporadic ping response times, ranging from 70 ms to 500ms, even with a strong wifi connection. If i ping ANY other device on my home network (wired or wireless), i am getting response times under 5ms.

stevelunderwood

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Two days ago, I updated my tablet to Android 7.0, by flashing the latest update using Odin. I decided to try again to connect to my 5GHz WiFi. Every since, my tablet had no random reboots anymore, so maybe Samsung did manage to solve the problem?

If anyone still has this problem, I recommend installing the update! ;) Hopefully, it also works for you!

Best regards!

Debra L

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
I also have the same issues, random resets and power offs. This did not happen while I was at my winter home. The problems started when I arrived at my summer home which has a different Internet provider and modem/WiFi router. If I turn off the WiFi on the tablet, the tablet runs fine, turn on the WiFi the problems come back. I hope nouget arrives soon and fixes this obvious software issue.

Stretchyskin

Apr 14, 2018
Visit site
Hi I had the same issue
Just wondering if you all have a case for your tab a6.
If so try it without the case
I had the same problem and found out that there are strong magnets in the tab
There are also strong magnets in the case I feel they were interfering with each other
It's now been 4 months since the problems and all seems to be working just fine
Hopefully this Helps

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It was probably more of an "overheating due to the case" issue. There are no hard drives in the tab and any magnet powerful enough to affect anything else in it wouldn't be light enough for you to lift. (Put the tab into a particle accelerator, even if there's no particle stream, and those magnets would probably cause problems - but they're the size of a car - and weigh about as much.)

Random resets are quite often due to a bad battery - it throws a dendrite (a little crystal, shorting it), the short breaks the dendrite, but the phone has already started to power down. Since the power is there again, it just restarts. (If the dendrite is worse, the device shuts down randomly.)

centaur2469

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
This is very interesting to hear. Actually, I was here looking for something else and saw this. What's interesting is that I've had this tablet for a while now and everyone here seems to have a different one that I do. the model numbers the same. However, never had much of a problem with it. No-where near what everyone says here. My SM-T580 is listed as the Glaxy Tab A 10.1, which is not the original flagship Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 or p7500 series. I don't like the fact that mine has only 8g built in, because the system uses most of it. So far, it's running 7.0.1 and can't go to 8, as I hear because of some partitioning issue. It runs great and I will update it. But everyone here seems to have a different model, and mine surely hasn't even hinted to any issues here. Kinda funny and odd actually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781