The battery on my S6 drains quickly, but when I plug it in it instantly returns to 30-60% charged.

A

AC Question

Battery drains particularly quickly below 25%. If I plug it in for even 1 second, it's immediately charged. Does.anyone know why?

Robert McCarthy1

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
How old is your s6? About how hard do you use it? I think your battery has a very high internal resistance.

I think it's about two years old, maybe a bit more. I've been going for long walks with Pokemon go, which is when I notice the problem. Internal resistance sounds plausible, because it's worse when it's cold. Can anything be done about that?

Mycrossover

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
I think it's about two years old, maybe a bit more. I've been going for long walks with Pokemon go, which is when I notice the problem. Internal resistance sounds plausible, because it's worse when it's cold. Can anything be done about that?
He is suggesting that your battery is shot. There is no cure but to replace it. That is something that was never intended on the S6. It has been done but not something recommended for the techically inexperienced. It involves prying open a glued case and not breaking anything in the process. Samsung warrantys it for a period and then sits back and waits for your battery to die, if they cannot get you to upgrade sooner. They are no different than most of their competition. I just dropped a genuine Samsung battery in an S4 in under 2 minutes and an outlay of 20 bucks. The S5 is equally easy. After that forget about it.