After no command error wiping cache selected and now on screen for over 30 minutes

A

AC Question

I HAVE AN ANDROID MOTOROLA DROID TURBO AND IT KEPT COMING UP THAT IT WANTED TO UPDATE TO I BELIEVE MARSHMALLOW 7 BUT NOT SURE, JUST KNOW IT WAS MARSHMALLOW. I TOLD IT NO FOR A FEW DAYS THEN YESTERDAY ALLOWED IT TO DO SO AT 4 THIS MORNING WHILE I SLEPT. WHEN I WOKE UP IT HAD THE LITTLE DROID GUY ON IT WITH A RED TRIANGLE WITH AN EXCLAMATION POINT IN IT AND SAID NO COMMAND. SO, I GOOGLED HOW TO FIX IT AND YOUR FORUM HERE SUGGESTED HOLDING THE POWER BUTTON WHILE PRESSING THE VOLUME UP BUTTON ONCE TO GET TO THE MENU SCREEN. I DID THIS AND THEN PROCEEDED TO SCROLL DOWN TO THE OPTION FOR WIPE CACHE AS WAS SUGGESTED. THE FORUM HERE SAID IT SHOULD TAKE APPROXIMATELY 10 MINUTES OR SO. IT HAS NOW BEEN OVER A HALF HOUR AND MY PHONE STILL HAS A BLANK (BLACK) SCREEN WITH THE FOLLOWING WORDS IN ORANGE DOWN AT THE BOTTOM IN THE LEFT HAND CORNER..............

qe 1/1
- - Wiping cache...
Formatting/cache...

PLEASE ADVISE ME AS TO WHAT IF ANYTHING I CAN DO TO FIX THIS PROBLEM. THANKS!!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Since the carrier or manufacturer sent the update, bring it to the carrier and ask if they can please finish the updating. (If not, they broke your phone, so it's a liability issue, and they should replace it. Unfortunately they can't get the data off a broken phone, so you'll lose anything on it, and they won't reimburse you for that - even though they really should.)

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Also, there are several reports of the Droid Turbo taking well over 20-30 minutes to complete the cache partition wipe. Please, tell us how it went, did the wipe finished or are you still on that same screen?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20