Due to the 8GB storage capacity limitations of the Samsung Galaxy On5, the app installation and OS portion of which cannot be expanded via a microSD card, I would like to uninstall the preloaded Samsung apps on the phone, along with anything else not necessary that is just taking up space. I would like to replace them with, primarily, google versions (ie: Gmail, Google Calendar, Keep, etc.)

Without uninstalling the Samsung versions, I quickly run out of space and the phone constantly warns that it is approaching its storage limit.

How can this be done? Root the phone? If so, I've not yet attempted to root a phone as it's never been necessary for me due to using Nexus devices. Any help is appreciated.
    01-09-2017 07:01 AM
    Samsung's apps are tightly integrated with the firmware that it would be better to just flash a clean AOSP ROM instead of rooting. Trying to remove S Planner might break the calendar process on the phone. So either live with the Samsung apps and just use them. The only difference for some is the looks any way.
    01-09-2017 07:30 AM