Hello there.

A while ago (like 3-4 months) my phone started to shut itself when the charge left 15% or less. I thought it got older, some problems like this will be there. Then my Sense home screen started to get messed up when there was a shutting due to battery. I still thought that was OK. Then when it was happened one time before the last, 5-10 of my contacts couldn't be seen. But when I wrote than their name at calling screen they were shown.

The last time, the phone got pretty messed up. A power failure happened at Saturday for 13 hours on daytime. The phone shut itself again. I started it after the failure and it acted like I was installing Android 6. Sense home wasn't working completely (never happened before that way), had to reset it and related apps. Also, the names those were missing came back to contacts but that's it. The others are missing since then(like 500 contacts). I checked my Google accounts sync, I checked out the names that can be seen from the top left. Names are just missing. I really need help about this. I'm so desperate to get them back.
    01-09-2017 08:15 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Have you checked your contacts on a desktop? You can go into GMail and there is a drop menu near the top left that you can view your contacts.
    01-09-2017 09:15 AM
    Thanks for the response. I checked my Google contacts after your suggestion and it looks like my Google contacts are synced. But the phone wouldn't show the contacts those were saved directly to it from before or SIM. I mean my mom's number is saved in the SIM card, I put the SIM card to another Android phone and there it was. But my M8 doesn't show.
    01-09-2017 12:34 PM
    Thanks for the response. I checked my Google contacts after your suggestion and it looks like my Google contacts are synced. But the phone wouldn't show the contacts those were saved directly to it from before or SIM. I mean my mom's number is saved in the SIM card, I put the SIM card to another Android phone and there it was. But my M8 doesn't show.
    In another Android device, I would sync the Sim only contacts. There may be a problem with the card or the card reader, in which case, that data will be lost.
    Odinn21 likes this.
    01-09-2017 05:40 PM