Phone stuck after update

ebzy69

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
I HAVE AN ANDROID MOTOROLA DROID TURBO AND I DID THE UPDATE TO MARSHMALLOW. I NOW HAVE THE LITTLE DROID GUY ON IT WITH A RED TRIANGLE WITH AN EXCLAMATION POINT IN IT AND SAID NO COMMAND. I GOT TO THE MENU SCREEN. I THEN DID THE WIPE CACHE PLUS ALL THE OTHER OPTIONS EXCPET THE WIPE CLEAN. STILL NO POWERING UP, MOTOROLA SYMBOL APPEARS THEN GOES BLACK, BACK TO MOTOROLA SYMBOL THEN GOES BACK TO NO COMAND SCREEN. I HAVE PICTURES OF MY NEW BABY TWINS THAT WERE NOT BACKED UP. IS THERE any way TO GET FILES OFF THE PHONE WITH IT IN THIS MODE? THANKS

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How did you update? Was it an official over-the-air update pushed by your carrier, or did you do it manually?

BTW, typing in ALL CAPS is considered "shouting" on the web -- please turn off your Caps Lock, thanks!:)

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd try using the Verizon Software Repair Assistant. See https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...support/knowledge-base-116950/&token=lBIl8oIb

There have been reports in the past that the app doesn't recognize the phone if you connect to USB 3 ports, but does work with USB 2 ports, so, if that happens to you, I'd try switching to another port. As you can see, one of the options is not to erase your data, so it should retain all of your photos when it finishes the update.

I also suggest as soon as you get the phone running again - INSTALL SOME WAY TO BACK UP YOUR PHOTOS AUTOMATICALLY SO THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN. (You can use Google Photos, Dropbox, or even the Flickr app, which gives you 1 TB of free storage.)

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz