Hi all, hoping someone can help. My S7 Edge refuses to be recognized by a computer. I have tried on several different windows PC's and MAC with no joy. When plugging it in, it comes up with the "The USB device is not recognised," and the status shows as:

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed."

So far i have turned USB debugging off and on several times, in addition to changing to MTP, Photo, Charging and back to MTP again - nothing works. I have also made sure it isnt the computer, going through the usual dev manager steps and reinstalling all the necessary drivers, in addition to updating my BIOS. When i plug it in, i get the notification on the phone that it is cable charging, but the old notification telling me its been connected via USB and to choose an option is no longer there. Backed it up last night and did a factory reset, in addition to clearing the system cache. Tried connecting with Kies and Smart switch also. Last but not least, i have cleaned the connection several times but still no luck.

Is there something else i can try that im missing, or is the phone faulty? Thank you!
    01-10-2017 05:26 AM
    Are you using the original usb cable the phone came with? It sure sounds like to have tried everything there! Getting to sound like the device may be faulty..
    Have you tried other computers?
    01-10-2017 06:20 AM
    I have the exact same problem as you with my S7 Edge. I've tried everything that you tried except factory reset and nothing worked. I contacted Samsung support and the only suggestion I was given was to do a full factory reset. I am in the process of backing up the phone before trying the reset, and at the same time, looking for others who have the same problem. So if factory reset did not work for you, it's highly unlikely this it will work for me. I do suspect there is a serious issue with the phone. BTW, I tried 3 different cables and 2 different computers (Win7 and Win10).
    01-15-2017 05:20 PM